Well, we’re back from two weeks in Costa Rica, a nation of astonishingly diverse landscapes and wildlife, proud and hospitable people and even some pretty decent food here and there. There is quite a bit of work and family stuff to catch up on so a full write-up will be a few days coming, but to tide you over, some quick notes:
- Patric Chocolate got some well-deserved pub from the Tribune last week. I will say that we visited a coffee and chocolate producer in Costa Rica and while theirs was good, it simply paled in comparison to Alan’s products. The depth of flavor he achieves just blows everything else I’ve had away.
- The SEC Championship game ended in disappointment, but we still have a local champion in Sporting KC, who won the MLS Cup for the second time Saturday (and in an epic series of penalty kicks, no less). The bad soccer news is the the Unites States got grouped with Ghana, Portugal and Germany for the first round of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- I’ll be doing a bit of work for Columbia Home magazine in the coming months. My first piece for them, on CoMo restaurants pairing desserts and drinks, is in the Dec/Jan issue and is available online.
- Interesting that somebody at a Kansas City-area Sonic thought this would be a good idea.
- Inside Columbia‘s “Best of Columbia 2014” voting is open and, in what I think is a first, yours truly is up for best blogger. We are lucky to have a number of active local bloggers, so get over there and vote away.