This week I learned:
- Twinkie-frying self-parody Paula Deen has developed Type-2 diabetes (as well as, naturally, a detailed plan for making a buck off of it).
- Columbia businesspeeps are hoping to graft additional awesome onto our downtown for SEC football. (Aside: I applaud the effort, but wonder if this will come off as more contrived or less contrived than the City Hall keyhole statue. My guess is that Tiger Town in The DistrictTM will take the early lead, but then the statue will sprout speakers and play Lee Greenwood tunes 24-7, thus ending the competition forever.)
- Dogfish Head’s Sam Calagione wants (some) beer geeks to chill the eff out.
- Raw kale can make a wicked, do-ahead salad.
- Chuck Norris walks among us.
- Mid-Missouri Restaurant Week is
coming upstarting today. Surprise!!! Go to this website to learn almost nothing more about the event.
In case you missed it, Marcia’s cover story this week was on eating healthier. Lots of greens and whatnot. The harvest squash bowl at Broadway Brewery looks particularly awesome. Enjoy the weekend and eat well.