Just realized that while on the radio this morning I said I was pumped to try the brick oven pizza at the festival but DIDN’T BOTHER TO MENTION THEIR NAME. I totally suck. FireLight Pizza. Other vendors and restaurant specials of note:
- Broadway Brewery – brisket, ribs, veggies at Peace Park
- BBQ – Lutz’, Smokin’ Chicks, Hoss’, Jamaican Jerk Hut
- Pizza – FireLight Pizza of Springfield
Restaurants of note:
According to Marcia’s story in Tuesday’s Tribune, Craig Cyr of Wine Cellar and Bistro will be making
his version of “street food,” including spicy chicken and seafood and local sausage gumbo, mashed potato sundaes topped with Cajun shrimp and local chicken étouffée or bourbon barbecue local pork shoulder. They also serve caramel apples with house-made caramel, chocolate ganache and candied pecans, sangria and elderberry lemonade — with or without vodka
Restaurants offering specials:
- Bleu, 29 S. Eighth St., which will offer a “nosh” and a 6- ounce glass of wine for $10.
- Flat Branch Pub & Brewing, 115 S. Fifth St., which will take 25 percent off the price of smoked ribs, pulled pork, smoked salmon and smoked prime rib.
- Sycamore, which will offer a 10 percent discount on food.
- The Rome, 114 S. Ninth St., which will offer a happy hour for the duration of the festival: $2 draft beer and well drinks, $3 house wine, $5 personal pizza and half-price meatballs.
- Main Squeeze, which will offer a deal to buy one entrée and get half off a second entrée.