- Casablanca’s new home is a handsome one. Food’s hit or miss early on (wimpy lamb soup, lackluster hummus) but I’m going to give them time…they’ve earned it. And still the best baba ganoush in town, hands-down.
- Lardo. You have to buy some from Brook Harlan at the Columbia Area Career Center. Airy, paper-thin slices dissolving into grilled Uprise Bakery bread…nothing short of magical.
- Got two pork bellies and a pack of chops from Newman Farm. Gonna be some serious bacon-makin’ next weekend.
- I’m taking a crack at Brasato di Maiale Nero (“Braised Pork in the Black Rooster”) tonight. It’s Batali.
- The farmers market opens tomorrow, March 20. See you there.